The AWIS Gulf Coast Houston chapter is dedicated to supporting women in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine (STEM) in Texas’s Gulf Coast and Houston region by providing opportunities to participate in professional networking, mentoring, and leadership activities.
Our goals and objectives (from the Strategic Plan 2016-2017) are to:
- Strengthen the economic sustainability of the chapter
- Deepen relationships among affiliate organizations to increase effectiveness, knowledge, and capacity for collective action
- Increase opportunities for STEM professionals by providing career development opportunities
- Strengthen community engagement through scholarship, outreach, and mentorship programs
- Actively recruit chapter members and executive board members across all genders
- Recruit members from the mathematics and technology fields
We are so excited to have won the AWIS Shooting Star Award for the year. Many thanks to Varsha Pednekar for putting together the Career Development Series for this year. Also, thanks to all the board members for pulling together and making helpful contributions to support #WomenInSTEM.
– Garima Vyas, President, AWIS GCH
Are you (or someone you know) looking to make a difference for #WomenInSTEM?
Join us at #AWISgch and run for an officer position for the coming year. #MaleAllies are also eligible #AllGenderInclusive
Nominations accepted: Now – May 12th
Learn more: https://awisgch.org/election-information/