In 2014, our chapter’s ongoing programming and outreach aims to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to provide networking opportunities for our members and to initiate professional collaborations amongst women in STEMM in both academia and industry.
- Provide leadership opportunities and informational seminars focused on scientific career development.
- Continue to recognize and honor successful women scientists who significantly contribute to the STEMM fields.
- Raise community awareness of women in STEMM at all career levels.
- Serve the Houston community through visiting local school districts to strengthen the interest in STEMM.
- Increase the visibility of and the interest in the organization to promote our overall mission.