Time: 12:00:00 PM CST
Some are saying that networking isn’t happening during the pandemic. Others are actually networking!
Join social networking pioneer, Diane Darling, for a conversation about how to make connections, expand your network, build relationships and present your best self when taking part in a virtual event. Other take-aways will include:
• Learn how to ‘show up’ and make a positive first impression
• Discover the positive aspects of virtual networking, including how to use the Chat or Q&A tool
• Better understand how you come across and ways to leverage that opportunity
• Gain an appreciation of why people are experiencing Zoom fatigue and what you can do to avoid it
• Increase your confidence when speaking up
• Review tech tips and ways to best prepare
• Understand how to follow up and stay in touch after the event (without stalking)
Diane Darling is the author of The Networking Survival Guide. She nicknamed her second book, Networking for Career Success, as a go-to networking guide for people with ADD. Her books have been translated into 7 languages. She writes a blog on LinkedIn and has appeared on NBC Nightly News, in The Wall Street Journal, San Francisco Chronicle, and The Boston Globe. She is a member of Chief Executive Club and past president of the Association for Talent Development. She has lived in the Philippines, Thailand, Colorado, Indiana, Alabama and now in Boston, MA. Her travels include all seven continents and approximately 60 countries.
– You can join our session by using a Mac, PC or a mobile device.
– This event is FREE for AWIS members using the code in Fireside Friday.