Job Title: Scientific Writer
Company Profile: Founded in 1975, Wilson Carroll Research Services, LLC (WCRS), formerly Wilson Editing Co., maintains a prominent foothold in the scientific editing, writing, and research field. Mainly assisting hospitals, research universities and medical schools, and medical companies, the WCRS Writing department provides consistent and complete writing support to a wide range of scientific materials. In addition to our goal of aiding in the production of the high quality research, we aim to curate a team of dedicated and enthusiastic staff who will grow with our company for years to come.
Location: Remote at onset. Full-time employees work in Central Texas.
Type of Position: Contract with possibility of promotion to Full-Time status within a year.
Number of Positions Available: Two
The medical writer will:
• Assist in the preparation of various scientific documents for publication;
• Work with the other staff and clients to write scientific content for high-level reports, publications, presentations, and manuscripts;
• Write content according to a specific style guide, as approved by WCRS and the respective client; and
• Work for long periods unsupervised, phoning in for regular company meetings.
The scientific writer should have:
• A Master’s degree in a relevant area (communication, writing, English, or a branch of science);
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working with and developing medical and scientific texts;
• A high level of comfort performing and summarizing literature reviews; and
• An excellent understanding of medical and scientific terminology, the branches of medicine, types of articles published in scientific journals, and research practices.
Schedule: Full Time Contractor. After nine months, the position can transition to a Full-Time Employee position with benefits.
How to apply:
Send resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. WCRS will reach out to qualified candidates within two weeks.